Mystery Deepens in Teen's Death as Authorities Clamp Down on Information
The investigation into the death of 14-year-old Celeste Rivas Hernandez has taken a dramatic new turn. The Los Angeles Police Department has moved to block the release of her autopsy details while a private investigator is challenging a wave of disturbing online speculation about the case.
Key Facts and the Emergence of Conflicting Narratives
Celeste Rivas Hernandez left her family's home in Lake Elsinore in April 2024 and was reported missing. Her body was tragically discovered on September 8, inside an impounded Tesla that was linked to musician D4vd, whose real name is David Anthony Burke. The discovery came just one day after what would have been her 15th birthday.
In the aftermath, LAPD detectives searched Burke's rental home in the Hollywood Hills. They collected several items but provided no public details about what was found. This lack of information created a vacuum, which was quickly filled by rampant online speculation.
Anonymous sources began circulating unverified claims about the alarming condition of Celeste's remains. However, private investigator Steve Fischer, who was hired by the landlord of Burke's rental property, has publicly disputed these claims. Fischer told Daily Mail that his independent review found no evidence to support the viral rumours.
According to his findings, the home's freezer still contained shelves and old food items. Furthermore, tests conducted inside the property for traces of violence reportedly came back negative. Fischer stated he found nothing to confirm that a violent crime had occurred at the location.
Official Pushback and Legal Moves to Control Information
The LAPD has also stepped forward to shut down the rumours. Captain Scot Williams explicitly labelled reports suggesting extreme alterations to the body as "baseless" and "impossible." He emphasized that such claims were especially implausible given the length of time the vehicle had been sitting outdoors.
Amid the confusion, the LAPD secured a significant court order. This order prevents the LA County Medical Examiner from releasing Celeste's autopsy results or any related documents. The case has also been temporarily removed from the public database.
Dr. Odey Ukpo, the Chief Medical Examiner, issued a statement acknowledging the legal restriction. He highlighted his department's usual commitment to transparency but confirmed they are bound by the court order until it is lifted. LAPD officials told the Los Angeles Times that this hold is necessary to allow investigators to review the medical findings before they become public.
Ongoing Investigation and Unanswered Questions
For now, the LAPD has not publicly named any suspects. However, reports indicate that detectives are still treating David Anthony Burke as a person of interest internally. It is also reported that he has not cooperated with investigators and has not made any public statement.
Sources close to the investigation say detectives are working to determine several key facts: how Celeste died, when she died, and who may have been involved. There are also questions about whether multiple people had access to the Tesla or knew about its movements.
Investigators are reviewing hours of surveillance footage to track the vehicle's last known locations. Private investigator Steve Fischer provided a detail, noting the Tesla was last moved on July 29 by a driver he has identified but has chosen not to name publicly. He described the car as being scratched and covered in mud. The vehicle was eventually towed from Doheny Place and Bluebird Avenue in early September, shortly before Celeste's remains were found inside.